SALT SPREADING SERVICE
- We invest in Road Surface Temperature reports for the Winter Season.
- We agree a proactive trigger with you for your site which can be amended mid-season.
- This trigger allows us to service your site proactively.
- Each day we will issue you the report for your information.
- We will automatically service your site at the appropriate time, before freezing and after any rainfall, “if” your trigger has been met.
- Immediately after servicing your site, our systems email you an automated service report.
- All operators are tracked and we can provide a tracking report should you have a spurious claim.
- We are the specialists in salt spreading and snow ploughing.
Saltworks snow ploughs are only available to Saltworks clients with a Winter Maintenance program in place as snowfall accumulations can be prevented if maintained properly.
However we do offer a priority service for winter program customers that enables the ploughs for your area to service your site first.
- Salt works to -9C and we have alternative product for temperatures beyond this reach.
- Should your site become iced we have a reactive product that help melt the affected area.
- We have processes set up to deal with “Wash-off” where rain can wash salt away and leave a freezing condition.
- Applying salt at the correct time is vital to maximise its effectiveness.
- Salt ideally needs time to break down to a saline solution to provide the level of protection required.
- This is not achieved by spreading salt upon a site opening time.
- Other factors including rainfall and road surface temperatures need taken into account.